Monday, March 22, 2010

Facebook and the typical 8 year old

I would like to start off this night by saying that my daughter is probally your typical 8 year old going on 12 in her young body.  She loves watching all the movies that unfortuately just aren't good for her age.  I remember when I was 8 years old I still hated seeing my Mom and Dad kiss at that point.  Not this little girl, she loves watching all the dating mumbo jumbo and just stares in awe when she sees me and her dad kiss. Ugh..

Tonight was a fun night for me heading off to Joann's with my neighbor and good friend.  But now when I get back home and put my 3 children down for bed, what do I see my new email list.  A confirm of her trying to change my facebook page so she can play her little games.  This really worries me.  She is constantly lying to me about the most simplest of things as well.  I don't know why but I always catch her lying to me and I feel like I have to literally nip all this techno wiz stuff out of her life before it gets to late.  The games are innocent enough and I don't mind them, they are fun for me to watch her play.  She even teaches me a thing or 2.  I've considered making a blog for her but I'm worried about all the prey out there to feast on my little one so I've put that one off for a while.  I do think it would be fun for her but who can trust the internet these days?  Not me I guess since I got home to having a new password.

1 comment:

  1. See what I did? I dragged you out to Joann's because I just HAD to buy fabric that I found out I already have at home! I need to start sewing again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails