Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Market skirt


So this week, I wanted to make something for the birthday of one of my daughters school friends. I thought about all the differents things I could make and for some reason a market skirt came to my mind.  I haven't been sewing long, after years and years of sewing remission, but I've made about 5 of these skirts.

To be honest, this Market Skirt and tutorial is what brought me back to doing sewing after many years.  It talked me into buying my brand new lovely Brother 294 stitch, and even made me want to buy a serger to go along with it.

I have to first thank my lovely neighbor for sending me the tutorial.  Of course we blame each other for fuming our sewing obsession; which I totally agree upon. Then I have to also thank Dana at http://www.dana-made-it.com/.  Because if it wasn't for her and also lovely bloggers that share great tutorials and tips, then I wouldn't have the strive to keep at it.  Even if my stitch ripper did get to have a few nights with me and of course me cursing my head off at my blondness. 

Until September of 2009 I was totally unaware of bloggers posting their passions of sewing and creating things, and HTML coding as well.  Now I'm trying to learn both and I look forward to some day being passionately acceptable in the wonderful world of blogging and sewing until I can't see at night to even sew a straight line.  Do I really want to be like all these wonderful ladies that stay up until 2-3:00 am to complete tutorials?  Well I guess that will be more in the future, so for now I'm just enjoying being able to document everything here, YEAH!

There are many more blogs that I go to all the time.  I've sure over time, I will find a way to talk about it here.  So here is what I made, personalized with her name on it.  I hope she likes it!  I'm sure she will since she is 8 and totally into Hannah Montana just like my precious daughter.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails