Tuesday, April 13, 2010

About the Shirred dress

So a couple days ago, I made a Shirred Dress.  I had not decided yet whether I wanted to give it away to the big sister of the baby shower I was attending; or give it to one of my girls.  In the end, I gave it away because I felt bad about the big sis being left ouf of the baby shower gifts.

I know it meant alot to me when someone brought the other siblings something too...But secretly..
I really wanted to see my hard work on my own girls.  But for some reason they are near impossible to please when it comes to me sewing. 

Most of the time after I get done sewing something for them, after literally sometimes spending all day on it, they won't even try it on.Then I rent and rave about how I'm never making them anything else.

I think they would be okay with never seeing my sewing machine again if it weren't for the fact that they recently started taking beginner lessons from me.

So my oldest finally gave in to me, since my youngest daughter refused.  It's usually the other way around for sure.

I spent 3 to 4 hours on this dress since I wanted to do a rolled hem and do most of the work with my serger. Then I had to figure out if the shirring would work.  It did and I was very pleased with the outcome.  Not so much on the tie strings but the dress turned out cute.  Next time I will know to use double bias tape instead of single.

Here the best pose I suppose I got that morning.  I think I probally bribed her with something to get it.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome model! The dress is so cute and I love the ties!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails