Friday, April 23, 2010

Organization: Mission Impossible

 With sewing, I have learned that organization is key.

My stash grows all the time, so therefore so does the space needed to accompy all these crazy things in my life. 

I recently wanted to do something with all the patterns that I have purchased since September along with the ones that I have drafted as well.  I also needed a place I could store all my tutorials (most important, lol), warranities, manuals, notebook and notes.  So I thought about it and came up with the idea of doing the binder folder and using a storage bin for my patterns. I originally bought the storage bin to hold my lovely serger and get that out of eyesight, but now I have to figure out another one for that as well. 

Here is pics of what I did yesterday and how it turned out.  I like it so much and feel like I have my own little pattern store.  The much needed binder organization is loved as well.

Here is the Pattern Bin

I grouped it by family member, and by topic



Next is pictures of the Binder I created
When you first open it up, it holds my notebook for sewing



Then I organized my serger and sewing machine manual



I couldn't decide tutorials or manuals first so I think last minute, I decided after the manuals.


Then warranties


Finally I organized all the notes I have taken

That's it.  In a nutshell as I say.  I do think it made a difference going from just laying around and in ziploc big huge bags to this. 

Organization makes me happy, I've learned.  I think I need to major in it.  Someday.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it make it easier and less stressful? I need to put page protectors in mine! Good idea ;) I like how you categorized the patterns too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails