Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dehydrator

 Me and my hubby have been contemplating for years on getting a dehydrator.  We go back and forth on thinking what we could do with it and then put it off for a while and forget it. 

Well not this time. 

Here is the reasons I've told myself that I desperately needed to spend $50.00 on a dehydrator.

1.  I've been thinking lately that I wanted to start eating more healthy and feeding my family more fruits and veggies to do so.

2.  My son also has allergies so it's gets pretty limiting at times with his dairy allergy as well so the more snacks he can get the better.

3.  My hubby loves dried mangos as well and as a treat sometimes I buy the dried fruit at the grocery stores but you just don't get very much.


4. Yes I need a new hobby to make cooking more enjoyable.

5.  I want to make a garden this year (second attempt) so my veggies will get more use and not go to waste I will dry some as well.

6.  We have a lovely cherry tree that most have seen by now and I'm thinking I can dry some cherries as well.  Good thinking Mom.  Okay that's a great list!

Yes I am mainly buying this for fruits and veggies but it does much more for me. Did I mention sun dried tomatoes? That did it for me right there.
My own dried herbs and potpourri. Yeah!! Give me some fragrance now!


I seriously think that my mom and sis in law will love it as well.    My inlaws always make fun of me and hubby and how we have so many kitchen accessories. I do tend to go overboard on buying things if I think it will make cooking dinner easy.  I am one of those people that try and get the items in store that were previously as seen on t.v. If they have made it to Walmart or Target, then they must work right?  Some do work! 

I may have talked some people into buying my dehydrator just by reading my post. lol (If they don't already have one already.)

So here is my latest addition in my kitchen, I'm sure this one will get much use throughtout the summer months.  I may even send hubby away to go hunting and get some elk for beek jerky, lol. 
I wish!
The list could go on and on and as it did in my brain I thought, "Well this time, I'm going to order it once and for all. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails