Friday, August 13, 2010

Baby, Baby

  My friend Danette is having her 3rd girl in a couple of months.  I really wanted to make her something cute and that would actually fit when the baby is born. 

If not then maybe by 6 mnths time or so.  I saw this cute idea with pleats and decorative stitching on one of my sewing shows that I watch and I knew I had to do something comparable to this. 

This is the Sienna t-shirt pattern made with knit on the neckline but the body is not at all knit, which I didn't think about until I had this cute little baby done.  The poor baby might not even be able to wear it because it doesn't stretch on the body at all besides at the neck. 

I'm debating sending it the way it is for a test run or changing it to be open neck on the back somehow.  I don't really feel like I have enough expierence to do this successfully right now.  So I'm either waiting until I have an idea pop in my head or see a tutorial on how to do this and fix it. 

Here is the tutti fruity fabric that they sell at Joann's that is also good for shirring cute little dresses for summer.


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails